Action Launcher v3.2 brings host of new features and fixes
There was already an awful lot to love about Action Launcher by Aussie dev Chris Lacy and today he’s announced v3.2 of his already massively overlhauled v3 update we saw some months ago, this time adding a wealth of features we came to know and love from versions past which continue to live on in Action Launcher Pro, as well as refining and squashing a good number of bugs.
With v3.2 we see the return of Quickpage which pulls out from the right of the screen edge, allowing a fully customisable page for widgets, shortcuts, Action Launcher Shutters and Covers and just about whatever tickles your fancy beyond that. The ability to set your default homescreen, scale icon size, change transition animations and make and restore backups have all been added and/or re-added from Action Launcher Pro as well.
Additionally Android 4.x users will see a number of new animations and Material themed tweaks to aspects of the launcher throughout.
There’s a ton of new features, fixes and changes in v3.2 and instead of going through each and every one, check out the full changelog below:
- NEW: Quickpage, a fully-featured Home screen accessed from right screen edge (Settings -> Layout -> Quickpage).
- NEW: Quicktheme supports customizing the Quickpage appearance.
- NEW: Icon scaling (Settings -> Display -> Icon scale)
- NEW: Settings and layout can be backed up and restored to and from a device’s storage (Settings -> Backup and import).
- NEW: Option to change the transition animation used when loading apps (Settings -> Display -> Open app animation).
- NEW: When using Android 4.x, app defaults to using the “slide up” open app animation.
- NEW: Material design themed dialogs, checkboxes, switches, sliders, etc., when using Android 4.x.
- NEW: The default Home screen can be changed (long press empty space on a Home screen -> tap the Favorite icon)
- NEW: Option to lock desktop (Settings -> Layout -> Lock desktop).
- NEW: Option to hide page indicators (Settings -> Layout -> Home screen indicators).
- NEW: Option to disable opening Quickdrawer via swipe (Settings -> Shortcuts -> Quickdrawer).
- NEW: Option to disable the screen edge shadow (Settings -> Display -> Screen edge shadow).
- NEW: Activity picker (Long press -> Widgets -> Activities).
- NEW: Option to disable Shutters (Settings -> Display -> Shutters).
- CHANGE: Quickdrawer scrolls beneath the status bar rather than using its own tinted quasi-status bar (requires Android 4.4 or later)
- CHANGE: Settings uses switches instead of checkboxes.
- CHANGE: Quickdrawer/Quickpage automatically close after a few seconds.
- CHANGE: Quickdrawer/Quickpage can’t be opened when in All Apps and/or long press mode.
- CHANGE: Zoom out to show adjacent Home screens when an existing icon/widget is picked up (matches experience when dragging from Quickdrawer/All Apps).
- CHANGE: Hide the Infinite folders setting for Plus users (functionality is now always enabled).
- FIX: Wallpaper/icon images applied correctly from 3rd party apps that point Action Launcher directly to a file’s location on the SD card.
- FIX: Hidden apps no longer re-appear in Quickpage/All Apps.
- FIX: Widget resize outline bounces back to the nearest grid position.
- FIX: Exit zoomed out mode when dragging a shortcut onto the App info helper.
- FIX: Shutters/Covers/folders open correctly when animation scale has been changed to .5x in System Settings -> Developer options.
- FIX: Introduction screens can be scrolled.
Chris is definitely committed to his work, there’s no denying that. If you’ve been holding out on Action Launcher 3’s full version because it may have lacked in features compared to Action Launcher Pro, well today just might be a good reason to upgrade.