HTC, Samsung to submit Jelly Bean updates to Telstra for One XL, One S, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus end of October
We all love Jelly Bean, don’t we. Well, four of the major phones from Telstra that we already knew were in line to receive some sweet Jelly are getting a bit closer to that fanciful moment. Telstra has updated its community support page to let us all know of the upcoming updates.
It appears as though HTC, Samsung and Google’s flagship phones are getting closer to an update, with the OEMs all expected to give Telstra their update software by the end of October. Take note that this is only the first software submission, with the likely possibility of the need for further editions. If there are, however, no hiccups then we may see some Jelly Bean updates rolling in over the next month.
Straight from the post, here are the major points to take note of -
- The HTC EVO 3D ICS update is approved and HTC have commenced deployment of the update
- Samsung have delayed the Galaxy Nexus Android Jelly Bean update submission until late October
- Samsung have delayed the Galaxy S 3 Android Jelly Bean update submission until late October
- Samsung have delayed the second round of firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G. It is now expected 19 October.
- HTC have given high level timings for the HTC One S Jelly Bean update
Here’s to hoping we all get Jelly Bean in our hands sooner rather than later.