Details leak of the rumoured LG Optimus Nexus, announcement almost guaranteed
Details have leaked overnight of a whole slew of information about the next Nexus phone and Android 4.2. For starters, according to CNET the LG Optimus Nexus is supposedly guaranteed and poised to be unveiled officially at the end of October. What’s coming at the end of October? AllThingsD are holding one of their annual events that Andy Rubin will be attending – sound familiar? Motorola Xoom anyone?
While we can’t be 100% sure of the impending announcement, CNET has said that “according to a person briefed on the matter” it will be unveiled in the latter part of October and will launch in mid-November. But what will we be seeing on the inside? Paul O’Brien, founder of MoDaCo, is reporting that he has had a fairly beefed up spec list available to him. Here’s how it reads directly from the post over on MoDaCo.
- The device is based on the Optimus G but doesn’t look the same
- Updated Android release (currently 4.2)
- Quad Core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 1280×768 True-HD IPS screen
- On screen soft keys (of course)
- 8 Megapixel Camera
- No microSD slot
- 8GB and 16GB versions only (at least initially)
- Non-removable battery
- Wireless charging built in
- The retail name of the device is yet to be decided.