Jelly Bean factory images are now available for JB Nexus devices
Google Developers have gotten to it today and released the factory images for Jelly Bean on several devices. That includes the Nexus S, Nexus S 4G, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. We’ve copied out the full list of devices supported below, straight from Google’s website. If your device is here then you’ll easily be able to flash it with whatever OS version you would like. For example, the Nexus S has support dating back to Android 2.3.6.
- Factory Images “soju” for Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020t and i9023)
- Factory Images “sojua” for Nexus S (850MHz version, i9020a)
- Factory Images “sojuk” for Nexus S (Korea version, m200)
- Factory Images “sojus” for Nexus S 4G (d720)
- Factory Images “yakju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+)
- Factory Images “takju” for Galaxy Nexus “maguro” (GSM/HSPA+) (with Google Wallet)
- Factory Images “mysid” for Galaxy Nexus “toro” (VZW CDMA/LTE)
- Factory Images “nakasi” for Nexus 7
I still find it quite hilarious that Vodafone was able to get the Jelly Bean update out to the Nexus S before Google even could. And then, equally hilarious when the update had to be stopped. Although the reasoning for it was not a laughing matter (inability to make emergency calls), it always makes for a good story when someone jumps the gun.
IF you’re interested in flashing your device with an OS as you aren’t interested in waiting for the official update then head over to the Google Developer’s page and get started. If you’ve got any queries then shoot us through an email at info(at)androidaustralia.com.au and we’ll do what we can!