Updated (09/09/12): Is Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Coming to Your Phone?
Official statement has been made stating that certain phones will receive the much sought after update. This includes:
- Sensation - rollouts begin for Vodafone on May 22. Telstra rollouts to begin in June 2012.
- Sensation XL - rollouts begin for Vodafone on May 22.
- Sensation XE - rollouts begin for Vodafone on May 22.
- Velocity 4G - Update received!
- EVO 3D - the update is rolling out!
- Desire S
Desire HD- HTC has officially scrapped the Desire HD from the update list!
- Incredible S - Optus variant updated!
- Rhyme - update approved by Optus, pending rollout by HTC.
If you’re in America or have an American phone, HTC will also offer support for the
- Sensation 4G
- EVO Design 4G
- Amaze 4G
- DROID Incredible 2
- Incredible S
Let’s hope Telstra’s newly announced 4G phone, the HTC Velocity, will have an upgrade heading its way. For the first 4G phone in Australia it would be preposterous if it were to miss out on some Ice Cream Sandwich UPDATED: HTC Velocity 4G has been updated to Android 4.0 ICS.
How about about the future of HTC Sense and Android 4.0?
Sadly the Samsung Galaxy S and the original Galaxy Tab will not be receiving the update. However, Samsung has made up for the bad news with a long list of devices to be updated -
- Galaxy S II - Optus, Vodafone and Telstra have begun rolling out the update!
- Generic Galaxy S II is receiving Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Nexus S – the update will be rolling out over the next two weeks (as of 20th March 2012)!
- Android 4.0.4 is ready for the Nexus S!
- Galaxy S II 4G
- Galaxy S II HD
- Galaxy Note - to be rolling out in Q2 2012. ICS rolling out to generic Galaxy Note.
- Vodafone Galaxy Note update is rolling out!
- Galaxy R
- Galaxy Tab 7.0
- Galaxy Tab 7.7
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 - said to receive the update shortly (as of March 15th)
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 - said to receive the update shortly (as of March 15th)
- Galaxy Nexus - Android 4.0.4 is ready for the Galaxy Nexus!
Motorola have a relatively ‘quiet’ list, with only three devices expecting (one already receiving!) updates.
- RAZR - rollouts begin in Q2 2012 - Delayed. The update is now rolling out!
- XOOM WiFi – rollouts begin in Q2 2012 - delayed. Rolling out now!
- Android 4.0.4 is ready for the Motorola Xoom WiFi (US)!
- XOOM WiFi + 3G – the update has rolled out!
- XOOM 2 – rollouts begin in Q3 2012. The update has rolled out!
- XOOM 2 Media Edition – rollouts begin in Q3 2012.
- ATRIX 2 – rollouts begin in Q3 2012.
The newly released quad-core Transformer Prime has already been issued the upgrade. The original Transformer (TF101) has also now received the tasty goodness of Ice Cream Sandwich. The Eee Pad Slider (SL101) has also received the update!
According to Tablet Online (in Polish), the A100, A101, A500 and A501 tablets will be upgraded in early 2012. UPDATE: The Australian sector of ACER have also confirmed that the A200 will be receiving the Ice Cream Sandwich update.
- The Iconia A501 update is rolling out!
The HP TouchPad has life! After initially being nothing more than a boot-up device on ICS, the TouchPad now has a stable build in nightly form under CyanogenMod. Link coming.
Sony have stated they will be rolling out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to the entire 2011 Xperia line. This will be starting in mid-April!
This includes the:
- Xperia Arc - Telstra to begin rollouts in early June!
- Xperia Arc S - Updates have begun rolling out!
- Xperia PLAY
- Xperia Neo
- Xperia Neo V
- Xperia Mini
- Xperia Mini Pro
- Xperia Pro
- Xperia Active
To check out all Android devices available in Australia visit our Devices Page!
One thing is for sure, we hope the OEMs get this update out ASAP for all of these devices. Once you get it just sit back and enjoy!